Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finished!


Well today was the big day... our half- marathon in Nashville, TN. I must begin by saying this race is SO fun and the crowds (even despite the rainy weather) are remarkable! Geoff and I entered the race with the mindset that this was to be a fun race and our goal was to enjoy it. Well we did certainly enjoy it, despite the random cramp and dehydration along the way, and in doing so, we set a personal record! We ran the 13.1 miles in 1:51:22, and beat last year's time by 1.5 minutes. We were thrilled and so thankful for the opportunity to run!

We learned a lot along the way about racing and about ourselves. Despite the rainfall this morning, we realized the importance of staying loose and staying calm... a little rain won't hurt anybody! Plus, I also learned that you never know how much is left in your 'tank' unless you push it until it's empty. Then... you know.

So with thanks in my heart and swollen feet in my shoes, I encourage you to push beyond what you think is possible and dream a big dream.

0 comments: