Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Your choice

Oh my, has it been a long time since I posted to my blog- sorry for the delay. My life has changed significantly in the last 4 months, with the biggest change coming from my left ankle that is now in a pretty pink cast. I found out in September that I have a stress fracture in my talus bone along with 2 cysts. (Look for another post on this later!) So, three casts later, I am still on crutches and waiting for my next CT scan on December 1. So needless to say, I haven't been training much because I am not supposed to be putting any weight on my foot at all, to allow it to rest. This is week #10 on crutches and week #8 in a cast.

So I MISS MY CLIENTS! I miss taking people through workouts that show them they are strong and tough inside. I miss catching up on my client's daily life and being apart of their journey. I miss pushing them to their limits just to see them succeed and begin to believe in themselves a little more. I miss being a personal trainer.

But I am just that, a personal trainer. Through this time off, that thought has become even more apparent to me, that I am only a piece of the equation. I can't do the hard work behind the scenes of getting someone healthier. I am just a coach who equips people with the tools to succeed, it is ultimately up to them to change their life. So although at times I try to take over and WILL a better life for my clients, I know that it is ultimately not my choice, it is theirs. So even though I am not in a position to physically coach them to a healthier life right now, they can still make the choice to live healthy and energetically without me, because it is their choice, not mine.

So may I encourage you today to live a life that is full, healthy and filled with good choices all day long. Be blessed in this day, be blessed.

0 comments: