Monday, December 10, 2007

Hmmm...

I was teaching a group exercise class the other day and found myself saying (as I often do) "listen to your body." I encourage all clients to think about what their body is doing in any particular exercise; therefore the statement was logical and appropriate. However, in the context of our busy lives, what does this mean? After class, I kept thinking about the statement and realized that we seldom stop to listen to anything, let alone our own bodies. If you stopped to really listen, what would your body say? What would your mind say? What would your soul say?

Amidst the busyness of the Christmas season, I challenge you to stop and listen. Take 1 minute in the morning and 1 minute at night to stop, sit in silence, and check in with your body, mind, and soul. Listen and then respond to what you hear. Your total health is ultimately what is important; give yourself a gift this season: stop, listen, and respond.

3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

(nothing to do with your post, but i like the layout!)

Erin said...

Thanks, I just changed it again... which one do you like better?

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

i like this one--the green!