Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are you up for a challenge?

So I have an idea... I am thinking about starting a training group for a local 5K (Specific race yet to be determined). Have you always thought about running a 5k or 10k but never thought it was possible? Well think again! If you are interested, I will put together a training program that you will do throughout the week (probably 2-3 workouts), then the training group will do our 'long runs' together on the weekend. Depending on where members are coming from, we'll find a central location from which to start.

Training as a group will give you a chance to meet others who are hopeful of completing their first race, as well as providing accountability and encouragement. If you are interested, email me or respond via 'comments.' One last comment, training can look however it needs to for the group. Our longs runs can be straight running or a combination of running and walking depending on our fitness needs. My goal is to get you across the finish line feeling proud of your accomplishment, regardless of the time. We're not out to set any world records here, we are out to challenge ourselves and have fun along the way!

This invitation is open to everyone!

3 comments:

tazbak said...

Sign me up, I think this will be a great challenge as I have never entered a 5k in my life.

Shana said...

Oh you know I'm in for this!

Monica said...

I'm in also, it sounds exciting! :)