Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let it BE




I heard a new term the other day that got me thinking. The term was "exercise dependent" and the author was TV talk show host Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She was referring to her previous need to run six miles everyday in order to "feel good." If she skipped a day or ran less than 6 miles she felt bad throughout the day and regarded herself negatively. She depended on exercise to provide her with the feeling of worth to get through the day. This got me thinking... does exercise run my life or do I run it? When we find our worth in the things we do, we often forget that we are GOOD just are we are. We are human BEINGS, not human doings. So whether you worked out hard today or gave yourself the day off, be gentle and kind to yourself and take time just to BE today.




0 comments: