Sunday, September 14, 2008

HOORAY!

I am happy to report that yesterday's 20 mile quest was a success! Geoff and I started running in the rain and ended in the rain. I have to say that I have run in the rain before (for about 5 miles), but yesterday's run was a new experience, as all 3+ hours were wet. It was actually quite fun and I would much rather run on a cool, wet morning then on a sunny and hot day. But we were SOAKED!


Our goal was to finish all 20 miles without walking which we accomplished (except at water stops which we had to walk through) AND we actually went further then planned and ended up running 23 miles (oops, wrong turn! :).

Throughout my run, I kept asking myself (as most others often wonder), "Why do I run marathons?" and the answer that kept ringing in my ears was because they teach me about challenge and show me what I am made of. Not everyone needs to runs 26.2 miles to discover how much courage and strength they have on the inside, but for me, that's what it takes. I also love the feeling after a long run... tired legs, sore feet, and a happy heart.

1 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Why, CONGRATS, Erin! You totally rock and I'm glad you accomplished this :)